High-quality SEO optimization requires an integrated approach from a specialist. It is necessary to monitor development trends and take into account the constant changes in search algorithms. This article is an action plan that will be useful to both the CEO and the novice. It will be easier for a specialist in this field to systematize and automate his work, and a beginner will be able to immerse himself in the most interesting optimization process from scratch. So, what do you need to do to ensure decent website optimization?
- Formulate the goals and objectives of the future project Do not neglect this stage, because It is on the basis of the data obtained here that all other manipulations will occur. Spend enough time thinking through and discussing goals and objectives in order to free yourself from their correction in the future.
- Form the semantic core of the site The semantic core of the site is a list of search phrases, a set of words and phrases from the subject area. You can process the data of the corresponding services of search engines manually, or use those services that offer to collect, analyze and expand the kernel for you. The choice is up to you.
- Classify semantic kernel queries To automate this stage, you can also use specialized services. There are two particularly important sorts: by level of commercialization and by geo-dependency of queries. To independently determine whether a commercial or non-commercial request is in front of you, an effective principle will help. It is directly dependent on the number of commercial answers in the top on their commercialization. That is, the commercialization of the request is higher if there are more commercial responses in the top of the list. It is worth noting that commercial requests are geo-dependent, and information requests are geo-independent. The result of this stage will be the resulting classification, without which you will not be able to proceed to the next stage.
- Group the semantic core into clusters Clustering, or the distribution of requests across the landing pages, can also be performed not only manually, but also using resources that offer clustering “by top”, but such a system is not without drawbacks. When clustering, it is important not to include requests from different groups on the same landing page. And when grouping queries, one should be guided mainly by their semantic and lexical similarities.
- Optimize landing pages for search Requests with different levels of commercialization require different principles of search engine optimization landing pages. The following describes the procedure for dealing with commercial and information requests. In a separate class those answers are selected in which there is no prevalence of commercial or informational intentions.
1) Requests with a high degree of commercialization. In the case when the top contains mainly commercial pages, a listing of goods and services should be placed on the landing page. It should include a name, description and price, and sometimes a sample cost estimate for services. It is desirable that the key phrases are used in the names and descriptions of services and goods, and the listing should have an adequate number of elements for users to perceive. The text with the description should be on the page code above the listing. The value of the number of elements in the listing should also be regulated based on the chosen topic. For example, for an online store, fifty or so listing elements on a page are sufficient. Otherwise, it’s worth splitting the list into several pages. This phenomenon is called pagination. Pagination involves placing the tag on all pages, starting with the second, where the href attribute is the address of the main page. Various interactive elements, such as product search filters, feedback forms, short videos, price calculators, will help to carry out a dialogue with the user. They allow you to stimulate user activity and direct it to specific interactions.
2) Low-commercialized requests. If the top issue has more informational articles, then you are required to write an article on the original topic. Such an article should encourage the user to read it. There are no strict requirements for the volume of the article and the number of repetitions of keywords, but it is desirable that the article be written by a specialist. The text should be easy to read, broken into paragraphs. It is advisable to add descriptions of solutions to those problems that relate to the topic of the request, and include images, lists, tables, and other visual elements.
3) A separate class of requests. This class assumes that in the top of the issue there are approximately the same number of commercial and informational answers, you can either create landing pages according to the principles described earlier, or combine the author’s text on one landing page.
- Perform internal link optimization. At this step, it is worth paying attention to the fact that the most significant pages become elements of the main menu of the site. They must have inbound links from all pages of your site. The nesting level for the remaining landing pages should be as low as possible, but the number of internal links that will be sent to this page should be as high as possible.
- Provide targeted traffic. Its importance should not be underestimated. In order to use its influx, you can use advertisements from the search results for queries from the semantic core. This will allow search engines to determine the values of behavior factors correctly. This contextual advertising should send to those landing pages that are promoted by relevant requests. Try to avoid utm tags in advertisements, because there is always a risk that the search engine will incorrectly glue the pages. If you can’t do without tags on the page, then use the tag for them, in which the value of the href attribute becomes the page address without a utm tag.
- Optimize external links. To do this, follow a number of rules, for example, avoid getting links from sites with user-generated content (comments on articles, blogs and forums). It is worth bypassing links from sites that are actively selling links on exchanges. In this case, the best option would be to contact the webmasters at various unpopular article and link exchanges. It is also important that the site traffic is not too low or even equal to zero, which implies that the unsupported, automatically generated or restored from the archive sites must also be ignored.
If you follow these simple eight steps, you are likely to be able to achieve high-quality site optimization. Why is it most likely? Because success in this area depends on numerous factors, including not only technical issues, but also your creative abilities and motivation. Do not forget to keep track of trends in the development of search algorithms and new ways to automate your activities, which will allow you to increase site traffic without unnecessary energy.